Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And so we begin...

Welcome (all two of you who will read this blog) to YYZ-LHR, a fashion blog designed to do away with distance so that L and I can try to recapture the days when our two wardrobes were pretty much shared property and when we always had each other to double check our sartorial decisions before we left the apartment.... These days, L wakes up groggy J and demands his input and I avoid asking same of M due to severe --not to say crippling-- differences between my and his tolerance for fashion risk-taking. (If I wore a navy blue stewardess-style suit every single day, he'd be thrilled....)

Here is the first post from YYZ:
For some reason, I can't get the text below the photos (which are a bit crap-- will work on that)... Hmmm....
Anyway, today I wore my new jeans (get used to them-- they are the only stylish ones I have!), a $35 Winners bargain; shoes from NYC; an old Franco Mirabelli halter top, reworked at the neck with an old rose corsage from Le; Jacob sweater. This outfit took me to the Bata Shoe Museum and then to Bar Mercurio for a latte and a biscotti with M and her son, A.

Got a compliment on shoes! Yay!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Much better! Now I can comment. What was I going to say . . .

Oh yes - love the first entry and I look forward to being inspired on a regular basis by you two fashionistas!!!! You may even inspire me to step away from my shrubby west coast fitster style. Lululemon only goes so far!

Dana

Anonymous said...

I love the big flower at your neck.
LHR

Jonathan Howells said...

I guess I now have a new nick-name:
"Groggy J".

I like it... sounds kinda like a cross between some slouchy hip hop MC and the forgotten, eighth member of the seven dwarves!