Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LHR: A Typical Day

It's me - the LHR component of this duo.

Today was the perfect day to launch this endeavour as I ha
d a typical albeit hilarious pathway to my final outfit. This process is a fair representation of what normally happens. You see without guidance from the best stylist in the world (said YYZ component) I take a lot longer to get to the final outfit.

Here is my process: I usually start with something I want to wear because I
a) haven't worn it in a while or
b) I think it will be fast and easy to
assemble an outfit(easy -- never!)

Today, I wanted to wear a brown woolen vest that I bought at an Orla Kiely sale a few years back in Brick Lane Truman Brewery. It's quite casual and I've never quite felt like it was a good buy. So, I keep trying as I did this morning.
  1. Choose a shirt to wear under the vest. I chose a pink cashmere form fitting crew-neck sweater (which by the way I recently bought on vente-privee)
  2. Look in mirror. It kind of worked as the vest had a pink accent on one arm.
  3. Put on a brownish pair of trousers (again a new Mexx pair from vente-privee which I still have not worn)
  4. Look in mirror. Trousers not working.
  5. Put on pair of gray coulottes I purchased a few years ago (with YYZ) with gray socks to tie in to the gray accent on the vest.
  6. Look in mirror and really think it is not working. Remove vest. Kind of like Pink shirt and gray coulottes. Unsure of necklace to wear. Try 3 different ones on. None are pulling it together.
  7. Forget about pink sweater and go for purple* sleeveless (again a vente-privee purchase). Ooooh no my bare arms not a good scene and it is still a bit cold in London. Grab my new woolen wrap from a designer sale on Brick Lane (again!) a month back... starting to work better (do you think)
  8. Add in my funky shoots by United Nude (as seen a post on Rodwellian's blog)
So, started with brown vest, brown trousers and ended up with a completely different combination. What do you think?
*YYZ told me purple was going to be big this year. That was engrained in to my brain and as a result I've bought 2 purple shirts, 1 purple dress and a purple wrap (all thanks to YYZ)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYZ is truly a gifted stylist, and LHR, you may just be the Goddess of Shoes . . . although YYZ would give you some serious competition :)

YVR

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT! How long did that whole process take? You must get up before GOD to be able to change outfits so many times. I am usually late for work when that happens to me. LOVE the look and those shoes are incroyable!

Jonathan Howells said...

Groggy J pushed for these shoes! Love 'em.

J