Tuesday, June 9, 2009

YYZ: Catatonic

So, after several MONTHS of not going to the Sufferin' Mall, last week I had to venture over in a) a fit of exam-marking procrastination,
b) search of a cheap white cardi-type item to take with me to Paris.

First stop? 
Well, of course it was my go-to source for cheap cardis: 











IT WAS
  GONE.

You read correctly: 
GONE!

In fact, the entire mall has been made over into an ever-so-slightly upscale version of itself. Read: younger. 
Much younger. 
Even I , with my propensity for mutton-dressed-as-lamb, cheap mall fare, was shocked and stricken. 
What will I wear????



I am still in virtually catatonic mourning for my old pal, Smart Set.  

Hilariously (and disturbingly), several of the tackier stores seem to have proliferated in my absence. 
For example, there are now TWO Ardenes and a regular Costa Blanca, plus a SALE outlet Costa Blanca? 
Why do we need a sale outlet for a store that sells nothing costing more than $30?

 In a bizarre anti-recessionary twist, I also noticed that all the great sale racks 
(for instance, the Le Chateau sale accessories section, home of the $3 belt and $2 earrings) have disappeared.

I may have to start shopping and dressing like a grown-up, Interweb. 
I am not sure I am ready for all this responsibility.

No comments: