Thursday, June 18, 2009

YYZ: Dante's Inferno

I considered not posting this outfit, as it is not at all attractive or interesting, but then I remembered LHR giving me heck for not posting when I wore something blah. 
"This blog is about the good, the bad and the ugly," she said. 
Or something like that. 
So, although LHR is not posting 
AT ALL, 
I have been brow-beaten into posting anyway.  
Ahem.

Today, I sat in the world's most boring meetings (hence the nod to Dante) all day, 
so I needed to be comfy.
 I also needed to wear these shoes again. 
I remembered these trousers and thought they might work (right length) with the shoes. 
The rest of the look had to tie in the black and gold of the shoes, thus the gold accessories.
The best part of the outfit is the Paris reference in the earrings which I wore because I had to wear gold to go with the shoes I am working in for Paris.
It is totally hokey to wear Paris earrings, I realize, but these are sooooo tiny that only I know I am wearing them, as they are hidden by my hair. 
I love their teeniness and their delicate little scraps of silk ribbon. 

As I say, aside from the sweet earrings, I do not like the outfit; I did not feel good in it. 
But, it's a blah, rainy day so this blah outfit is, actually, perfectly appropriate.

Shoes:  Liz Claiborne
Trousers & Cuff:  H&M
Belt: Ardene
T-shirt: Smart Set
Cardigan: (because it's freezing!) Jacob
Earrings: Anthropologie 
(a gift from my mummy! Thanks, Mum!)

2 comments:

LHR said...

You may not like the outfit but it looks incredibly slimming and longating (word? - no) but you know what i mean. I like your belt.

I now think you have more belts than shoes. What's the tally?

Sorry i haven't posted in awhile. I was in teh US all last week - crazy crazy crazy. Then I arrive home to no wireless (gasp!)...

YYZ said...

No wireless--- AWFUL! Crippling, even. :)

I think the photo is slimming because, in person, the effect of this outfit is totally the opposite-- I kept waiting for someone to ask whether I was pregnant! Hee!

Sufferin' Mall is good source for belts: there was a 2-fer-$10 deal on, so I grabbed a couple I thought would be useful.