Wednesday, June 17, 2009

YYZ: It's Raining, It's Pouring...

...but these are my new shoes for Paris and I need to work them in and I am not allowed to wear jeans 
(the only cozy thing with which I could wear them) 
to work..... 
So, I had to wear the outfit I planned last night, even though the weather today called for something snugglier. 
Working these shoes in is critical, as we are at P-minus-10-days at the moment.

Staff meeting this morning in chilly cafeteria, grade group meeting, Staff Appreciation Lunch, then our departmental get-together at my boss' gorgeous Rosedale mansion called for something girly, but with a layer for warmth. 
Plus, I just really wanted to wear this, my new favourite dress. 
Which cost me all of 
NINE DOLLARS AND NINETY CENTS!  
Yeah, baby.

I felt cute all day in this outfit. 
(So please don't disabuse me if I am wrong!)
I am hoping that these shoes will work out for Paris; they are a bit loosey-goosey because there is no support in the heel area. 
But I luuuuuuuuuurrrrrve them 
(despite their gold accent-- not usually my thang...), 
so I will work hard over the next ten days to make them comfortable. 

Shoes: Liz Claiborne, on sale for $35 at The Shoe Company
Dress: H&M 
(Did I mention that it cost NINE DOLLARS & NINETY CENTS?!)
Shrug: Smart Set
Cuff: H&M
Earrings: Meg


2 comments:

LHR said...

I wish I could wear shoes like that but they kill kill kill kill kill my toes. I've never been able to wear any in-between/flip-flop style shoes.

Like them.

YYZ said...

It's weird-- they make my toes ACHE. Which I don't really count as "hurting," for some reason, even though I understand that aching IS hurting....!

I have tons of shoes like this that don't hurt at all, but these ones do, for some reason.

I will persevere, though!