Thursday, April 16, 2009

YYZ: "A bold step"


"A bold step", originally uploaded by OblioZen.

Yesterday, when I was thinking about today's outfit, I gave myself permission to wear my Lazy Dress. (Oddly, I always seem to wear it on the days I teach Grade 11-- those poor kids must be bored silly by this look...)  It is a cheapie and it is a wrap dress, a.k.a. every woman's secret weapon. Why? Because a wrap dress is effortless stylishness = a brilliant invention. 
Thank you, Diane von Furstenberg! 

My little number is from H&M (don't you just love the way Brits, regardless of class, say "Haitch and Em"?)-- thus, much more affordable than a Diane. I turn to it when I just can't be bothered thinking up anything cleverer.  I thought the pop of green made it a bit more interesting and a bit springier, even if it is still not quite no-tights weather yet.
  What do you think?

My pal at work (he who always knows the right thing to say) said, 
"That is a bold step and it WORKS!" 
 I told you he always knows the right thing to say! And he has great taste, so I trust his opinion. (No, I am not just sucking up to you now that you are a reader!)  Also, I feel that his reaction supports my "it's all about the shoes" approach to smoke & mirrors dressing: 
any outfit looks better if you have great shoes.

Dress: H&M
Tights: Secret
Shoes: 9 West
Necklace: some now-defunct store in the "Sufferin' Mall"

No comments: