Friday, April 3, 2009

TGIF

Fridays are a bit tough, as the day starts with an early staff meeting, so the get-up has to be simple and straightforward and, ideally, not require much ironing. (Yeah, sure, I could iron the night before, but then my morning routine would be so dull and drama-free....)
There is no room for any miscalculation that might require discarding the original idea and starting with a new outfit from scratch.
Nothing must make me even one minute late in leaving the house.
So, unless I've had time to do a dry run at an earlier date, I always choose a simple/boring, easy ensemble on Friday.

Thus, today's outfit is not so interesting, though I do love the skirt and the shoes.
I am particularly fond of the Olive Oyl-esque look of these shoes, especially when I wear them with a short skirt.
(Looks like my new photography assistant is my latest accessory...)


Shoes: 9 West (gift)
Tights: Secret Waistbandless (I KNOW! Brilliant invention!) Tights
Skirt: the now-defunct Canadian label, She-She; purchased at the also-defunct and sorely-missed Wenches & Rogues
Lace-trimmed Cami: Smart Set
Cardigan: Jacob
Here are the better shots. (not that any is particularly stellar-- camera battery died during the phutz-fest I call the "blog shoot". And there is no way I am gussying back up to do it all over again-- am cozily snuggled in cargoes and wrap-- cold and rainy day today.)

No comments: