Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LHR: Illustrating Something Better

This morning I caught up on our blog and realized I am not holding up my end of the bargain. So, I promised myself that I would post tonight. That put a lot of pressure to put on a decent ensemble.

So let's see it...
I ended up with something that I thought was a bit Ellen inspired i.e. tuxedo trousers (MEXX) that bags a bit at the ankle (perhaps they aren't supposed to but I kind of like the look) Then I paired it with a cyan blue cotton jersey. This is where I went wrong. In fact I asked J what he thought and he said "booooring". Now J is the master of jeans and t-shirt. He also dresses rather monocromatically so this was a bit of a concern. However, I was frustrated and couldn't go for another look. I threw on a vintage 3-strand beaded necklace brought to me by my gramma and Aunt Ruth and my saddle shoe-inspired flats.

Did it work? No. I looked chubby and the shirt material was a bit too casual for the trousers and I'm sure YYZ would shake her head to herself. I'm feeling a bit depressed.

So since I wanted to share something today. I thought I would share some beautiful 'outfit' illustration by Tania Howells. I found this on her blog and she kindly let me use it for my homework. Interestingly the pattern in the tunic was styled after bricks in an illustration she did. If you know Tania, you know how cute this would look on her. I personally love the socks.

1 comment:

YYZ said...

I do shake my head, saying, "COP OUT." Who told me I had to post the good, the bad and the ugly?? Hmmm?? (See today's YYZ post for evidence...)

Maybe it's our horoscope: I felt ugly and fat and old and frizzy-haired and many other aspects of severe unattractiveness beyond belief today.

Your trousers sound great and right on-trend: they are all the rage among the young and hip. Check out the links to Garance Dore and The Sartorialist on YYZ-LHR if you don't beleive me.

Now, post that outfit, Lady!