Monday, April 6, 2009

LHR: Another Pair of Statement Shoes

Up until about 4 years ago I had very few pairs of shoes for a woman who really loves clothes. Then I went out shopping to Winners with YYZ. In one afternoon she showed me how easy it was to buy 3 pairs that weren't black. It was the beginning of a new love for shoes for me. Thanks to YYZ I now gravitate to shoes that are worn on occassion and frankly in a seated position vs. the comfy ones I used to sport.

On Saturday as we scouted Stoke Newington Church Street for the perfect pub to watch the Grand Nationals, I noticed a relatively new shoe store. Yay! It's called Mudfoot and Scruff. What a great name and it was jam-packed with statement shoes. It was so filled with goodness that I couldn't decide.

The ones that are currently in the running are a pair of patent leather yellow/mustardy heels with a peak-a-boo toe.

However the real piece de resistance is the heel. J described this heel as something you would find on an old sailing ship. They're wooden and very sturdy but sadly not cheap OR comfortable.


That being said if I can just think of at least 2 ways of wearing this shoe (i.e. outfits) then I think I might just have to treat myself. So today's challenge: What the heck would I wear with these babies?

3 comments:

YYZ said...

Darling, what WOULDN'T you wear with those gorgeous creatures???? Act French: wear them with everything!

I believe that your conversion to shoe-gasm actually occurred at Designer Depot, not Winners. But whatever. The point is, I lured you over to the dark side. (insert evil cackle here)

Now stop reading this comment and GO OUT AND GET THOSE DIVINE SHOES! If only we had the same size feet.....!

LHR said...

You are right. It is the biggest pity that we don't have the same size feet. Who cares about the thousand of miles between us because those few weeks a year when we are in the same place would be a shoe extravaganza -- mostly for me.

Hmmm. Designer Depot? Is that up at a mall some where?

LHR said...

Update; Almost 2 months later I went back to the store where I first saw these babies. I was ready to put down the cash, but alas my size was gone. Oh no. sadness.

I did buy a different pair by the same label - Harlot Shoes. I'll post them. They're red sling backs with attitude. i like them, but not as much as these.