Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Take Two

I was channeling LHR this morning: once I got the planned ensemble on, I realized there were several problems with it. I am more than willing to deal with problems that compromise my physical comfort; in fashion, the phrase "no pain, no gain" rings very true. (see shoes above)
I am not, however, willing to compromise my mental comfort and the tights were just not working with my grey pencil skirt and tiny vest, and the collars of my cowl-neck blouse and tiny vest were totally incompatible.


The clock was ticking. I had to make a fast change.


Out came the recently-acquired black skirt, about which I remain ambivalent, but since I have worn it twice now, I can hardly reverse shop it at this point. I switched up the belt-- it came with one, but I chose one my mum bought me when were visiting B.C. two summers ago.
All in all, I think it worked out okay. I may not be able to blind anyone with science -my grasp of the latter being sketchy at best- but I can sure as heck blind 'em with COLOUR.

Magenta cowl-neck silk blouse and black A-line skirt, Jacob

Belt, Brave

Tights, 9 West, NYC

Shoes, Jessica Simpson (I know!), DSW Union Square NYC

As per ever, head over here for better quality photos. Grr.

2 comments:

LHR said...

The flashes of colour are perfect. You know me my natural tendency is putting unmatching colours together.

YYZ said...

Mismatching and mix-matching are VERY chic, my dear!