Monday, April 20, 2009

YYZ: Headgear


April 20th, originally uploaded by OblioZen.

Today I sported what M not-so-fondly refers to as The Cabbage, a darling, oversized felt rose on a narrow headband. When I saw it first, I tried it on for a lark, but it turns out I fell in love with it. 
Makes me feel like a flapper. 
Consider it my homage to Thoroughly Modern Millie.
Today's look works that post-WWI, early-1920s vibe: 
silk wrap blouse,
 long (not intentionally-- I'm just short and it's too hard to hem) skirt, 
round-toed pumps.



(Sorry the pics are so grainy... can't seem to get it sorted out...)

Cabbage, tights: Anthropologie
Silk wrap blouse: FCUK
Camisole: Smart Set
Bracelet: Le Chateau
Skirt: Comrags
Shoes: 9 West



2 comments:

Rodwellian said...

How did I not hear about Modern Millie - fashion meets musicals - almost as good as Fashion is Danger

http://rodwellian.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-dream-combination.html

I love the cabbage. I have a few outfits to share. I've just been on the road and a bit crazy.

YYZ said...

I KNOW! I always forget about Millie, though it is definitely a formative influence in my life. I saw it when I was about 9 or 10. MUST get hold of a dvd copy of it-- SOOOO campy and fantastic!