Thursday, April 23, 2009

LHR: Layered for Heat

The99% conference hosted their Friday night drinks from the Penthouse at Thompson LES. What a treat!
As you can see blue skies were all around and the mercury soared on this April day. In fact, it warmed up to a toasty 21°C (or 77°F). So, my challenge for the day was dressing for the warmer weather with clothes that I brought with me which were geared for the late winter. I went for a look that allowed me *to strip down* when the sun heated up.

Here is how it panned out.

  • Wide-legged Black Trousers by Cop-Copine - (sadly, they kind of accentuate my spare tire)
  • Black tank top by some mall shop (pick any one)
  • Gray cotton jacket by INfo with sculpting neck (amazing deal at £15/$25)
  • Black patent (hardly) leather flats (£6 - some cheapola store in Dalston)
  • Earrings: Gray baubles, bought in Harrogate as part of wedding fiasco



You'll also notice I have my oversized beaded black ring from Paris on my left hand.


The one thing I would like to improve is my choice of shoes. (they were only £6 so what do you expect?)
Suggestions on what I should get to make this better. Perhaps the shoes aren't the issue. Perhaps it is the cropped length of the jacket and the low-waisted trousers?

YYZ? Your HONEST thoughts.

4 comments:

YYZ said...

Honestly? LOVE! That jacket is sublime, my dear!

Pants (whoops!), I mean TROUSERS a tad long for the shoes, but what the hell-- you are travelling and, frankly, my pet peeve in life is that that trousers cannot be hemmed to work with a VARIETY of heel heights.... Grrrrrrr.....

Check back to see pix of today's match-fest!

You look elegant, my dear!

YYZ said...

Wait-- where ARE you in these photos??? Tell me it is NOT your hotel room. If it is, it looks like it was decorated by a Studio 54 afficionado! :)

YYZ said...

Duh-- I read the first two lines of the post. SO glad this is NOT your room! Great for a bar/venue, bad for sleeping. That weird couch would keep me up all night with the giggles....

YYZ said...

Also...

WHAT "spare tire"???!!!! None visible, babe, so don't sweat it.