Thursday, April 16, 2009

LHR: In NYC: I wear black

OK, I'm running late for the cocktail party post the conference I attended today. This will be short. Today, I felt the stress of getting dressed. I was in New York, attending a creative conference and not knowing whether everyone would just wear jeans or whether they would be more formal. In the end most were casual, but I felt good in my black outfit.

Like YYZ, I wore a pair of shoes to add some colour. Here it is:


I'm staying in this very cool hotel - Thompson LES. Notice the pattern co-ordination of my tights and the light behind my bed. This was not planned

I love the built in corsages in this shirt by Tofu which I bought in London at an amazing sale in Covent Garden. I've worn it today tucked in, but it can be worn over a pair of extremely tight jeans. I mention they should be tight otherwise the old question "is she pregnant" might come to mind. Not good for LHR who typically has a couple inches to spare around the tummy.

Here is the back view of my skirt by Preen. I love the gathers that run across the bum. For my flat bum it gives some definition.

And finally the splash of colour - my red shoes which are in desperate need of a polish. I love these babies especially the heels.

Jeez... now I'm super late for the party. Ahhh. Fashion is Danger.

5 comments:

YYZ said...

Dude, you are SO HOT! First of all, I am jealous beyond reckoning at how totally cool that outfit is. I MUST borrow that shirt. NOW. Also, I had totally forgotten that skirt-- again, I am jealous at how great it looks b/c I could just plain never wear it, what with all the junk in my trunk.

Why do you like my tights better? These rock.

You look so amazing and I can't believe you are friends with me and my cheap-ass wardrobe!

Also, OF COURSE you got compliments in the hotel lobby. You are completely "Sartoralist"-worthy, baby!

I love you and wish I were in NYC with you, LHR!

LHR said...

Thanks YYZ. I think you are funny. I have ONE good outfit over the last 3 weeks since we started. However, you daily put together remarkable looks. I must admit this blog is making me slightly stressed as most days I just wear jeans.

Wish you were here!

YYZ said...

Jeans rock, don't be silly.

Also, I feel a bit like I am dressing for the blog. Is that a good thing?

My stuff is so boring, really, but it's fun to think that you and, occasionally, YVR will get to see it!

Anonymous said...

It's not at all boring! You both have wicked wardrobes and I love seeing how you put it all together. You even inspired me to wear a DRESS yesterday. When I see your posts I realize how lazy I am. I'm expecting Stacy and Clinton to jump out from behind a curtain any moment now. . . Love the inspiration to "up my game". Thought I'd throw that in quotes just for a giggle.

YVR

YYZ said...

"Good idea" to use the useless quotes! Hee!

If Stacy and Clinton ever DO jump you, I will die of jealousy. :)