Thursday, April 23, 2009

YYZ: Spring is in the Air!


Today was a BIG day at work: every year on this day we go to church. 
(Long story.)
Well, last week, a former employee told us that staff were once required to wear hats to the service. 
OF COURSE I was all over that!  
I started a campaign to get the women staff to wear hats! I planned my own hat extravaganza! 
(Conveniently forgetting that:  I. Do. Not. Look. Good. In. Hats....)

Anyway, I have this fabulous vintage top hat (I know!), circa early 1900s, and I have never had the chutzpah to wear it.  I bought it back when doing so meant going without dinner for a week, but it was totally worth it!  Today seemed like the ideal day to give my top hat an outing.  A couple of silk corsages added to the brim and it would match my sweet little aqua & black summer dress with the dear scalloped hem-- all set!

Well, the Universe had other plans. Some unwell kitty cats this morning put a bit of a wrench in the works and I ended up not even going to church because I was waiting to hear from the vet. It spared me having to wear the hat in public (chicken that I am!), but I would much rather have worn it and looked like an escapee from Cabaret than have had sick pets. 

Cardigan: Yes, again. Jacob
Belt: Winners
Aqua Fishnet Stockings: Monoprix
Shoes: Nine West
(Vintage Top Hat: Rozaneh
Silk corsages: H&M)

No comments: