Thursday, April 30, 2009

YYZ: A Little Help From My Friend



As you can see, my Photography Assistant was very involved today and insisted on either being in several shots or on batting dangerously at the camera, causing it to sway and teeter alarmingly while I was 7 feet away, on the other side of the room.
It seems it's true what they say about working with children and animals...

I am ambivalent about this dress-- it is not terribly flattering, but I adore the pattern of sort of naively-drawn roses. It looks like a 10 year-old drew them with oil pastels. 
(I love oil pastels!)

Once again, it is a wrap dress, one of my stalwart regular choices. What I used to love about this outfit was the pairing of the floral dress with the leopard print pumps, trimmed with rosy velvet ribbons. It used to seem like a daring mix, but I must admit that I find it a little tired these days.

So, not the most inspired look ever, but it did the trick of being seasonally appropriate and consisting of some pieces I quite like. (Earrings-- LOVE! Shoes-- should really retire them, as they are looking a bit worn, but they are like old friends now....)

LHR and I are committed to finding out how to take less grainy shots, dear Reader
I will enlist BMad for (yet another) "how the hell do I use my camera anyway?" crash course.

Fishnet stay-ups: ? (my tights stash)
Earrings: Somewhere on Sherbrooke St. in Montreal

4 comments:

LHR said...

Bingo, our little project has worked. I have NEVER seen these shoes before. I so miss seeing what you are wearing given I see you only a few weeks (maximum) a year these days. I must admit I would never have had the inspiration or the confidence (i know think French!) to wear this combination. You know me too matchy matchy; it goes back to my days of not matching :)

Now, I can not see the earrings. I would like a close up next time please :)

YYZ said...

Yeah, I took some close-ups of the earrings, but they really did not do justice to them. Should have taken them off and photographed them but it took SO long to get any remotely usable shots that I did not have the patience to take even one more photo.

I can't believe you have not seen those shoes-- have had them for YEARS.

LHR said...

Thanks for adding the earrings. They are Fab! Did you buy the dress to match the earrings? That would totally be my approach by some random small accessory and then have to build an entire outfit around it :)

YYZ said...

Nope-- it was sheer serendipity. I bought the earrings to go with the dress I wore to M's sister's wedding. They just happen to be perfect with the dress. Yay!