Saturday, April 11, 2009

LHR: My New Standby

On Wednesday morning, I found myself digging in to my cupboard and grabbing the same outfit I've worn almost weekly since I purchased the pieces. It's super easy, it makes me feel slim even after a big meal and it feature the colour YYZ informed me was big last winter (i.e. purple).

It's fairly simple so I'll let the pics speak for themselves.


The Details:
  • Purple Wool Short-sleeved dress by Northland (bought at Designer Sale on Brick Lane)
  • Black Patterened Tights by Wolford (bought on vente-privee)
  • Vintage Dice-Game Necklace (given to me by my Aunt Ruth or Gramma)
  • Patent Flats (cheapsters - £6 from some outlet)
  • Black Coat (perfect for riding bike in rain) with ruffles by Custo Barcelona (bought in NY at their outlet sale)
Question for YYZ: I have a pair of earings on (black and silver), but I was wondering if wearing a silver cuff would be too many accessories? I always feel my arms look a little lonely. Suggestions or advice?

1 comment:

YYZ said...

Great look! The coat works particularly well (and you live in the perfect climate for it!).

Either Coco Chanel or Diana Vreeland (some brilliant sartorial icon, anyway) said that, when it comes to accessories, before you leave the house, always remove the last one you put on. This is a hard lesson for us children of the 80s to internalize... But if it was good enough for Coco (or Diana)....

Also, there is a good "2 out of 3" rule that I like: don't wear earrings AND a necklace AND a bracelet-- go with two of the three. Given my boobs, I use it as a way to force me not to wear long necklaces. I love them, but they don't do a thing for me!