Friday, May 22, 2009

YYZ: Not-so-Freaky Friday


Friday + early morning meeting + stop at gas station + lunch duty = today's outfit had to be simple and I had to be able to wear flats with it.

Yesterday I was inspired by Couture Allure's reflections on the genius of the shirtwaist dress and, while this is not exactly a shirtwaist, it is a shirt dress
I thought it would be a good, quick, easy look I could pair with my silver gladiator-esque sandals. 
I am too short to wear REAL gladiators successfully, so these are a happy compromise-- I have had them for years, long before gladiators became all the rage [again]; suddenly, I get all kinds of compliments on them, though I have been wearing them for a good five or six years! Funny!

It's not terribly flattering 
(puffed sleeves may have worked on Anne, but they never work on a Jarvis....) 
and it's pretty boring, but it sure was comfy all day 
(though it seems to suffer from the same baggy-bum syndrome this dress had, so I will be treating it to some alterations in the near future).


Dress: H&M
Belt: came with a blouse from Costa Blanca
Shoes:  $10!  Payless
Shades: Smart Set
Silver cuffs from Mexico: gifts from my mum and my MIL 


No comments: