Friday, May 1, 2009

YYZ: When will I ever learn?


First of all, let me clarify: only three posts were song titles (two were nods to David Bowie), but now I feel pressured to keep it up, given LHR's enthusiastic exaggeration that "ALL" my post titles were song titles....

I have copped on today's two, however: both are merely song lyrics because I could not dig any appropriate titles out of my noggin...


So. 
Once again, I am attempting trousers. 
Sigh.



I took the photos before leaving the house this morning because these trousers are linen and I knew they would not be looking their best after a full day of sitting, walking, driving, yadda-yadda.  
Turns out, it was a good decision: this morning was damp and my hair now looks like a Brillo pad of frizz.

Silk wrap top:  FCUK
Pale grey cami:  Smart Set
Cuff, Wide-leg linen trousers: H&M 
(linen is one of the things that H&M actually builds to last and I cannot recommend it enough: it's cheap but it looks just as good as the stuff that costs a bundle.)
Necklace: Pushan Designs
Shoes: 9 West



4 comments:

Rodwellian said...

I'm off to H&M on your advice. I love linen!

Believe it or not I'm currently listening to I AM WOMAN on Spotify (which you can't get over there in YYZ). J is singing along... How funny is that.

Also the Moggit girls commented on my twitter that they lvoe MOO so I told them we liked their crazy design blog. Check out the stairs today.

I have no post today and we have a bank holiday on Monday so I'll be wearing trainers and a windbreaker as we're off to the coast.

xo LHR

YYZ said...

Have fun, babe. I'll miss you (more than ever!). Off to check moggit-- gawd, they are hilarious!

I have a wedding shower on Sunday-- not nearly as fun as Helen Reddy (sp?) and a beachy bank hol, I must say. When is someone going to make the evil that is wedding/baby showers illegal? Sigh.

YYZ said...

Whoops! I lied: I forgot there was a Beatles tune in the post titles. It seems FOUR, not three, post titles have been song titles.

YYZ said...

Dang! I forgot I had also done a "Blue Monday" post-- apparently the whole song title/post title thing was a powerful force long before I actually recognized it....

Spooky!