Sunday, May 31, 2009

YYZ: A Walk in the Clouds

How is it that I did not already know about this movie? I mean, I have a vague memory of it from back in the day, but I guess I never saw it due to my aversion to Keanu (marathon, repeated viewings of Speed in Manta with Tanja and Eric aside-- here, Eric would want me to mention that his friend went out with Sandra Bullock and she dumped him to focus on her career and that was when she was cast in Speed.... I digress.).

Anyway, the movie is sure to be bad, but, OH! The CLOTHES! I am in love!  Add this to my list of faves-- I don't CARE what it's about or anything. 
(Later: it IS a bad movie, but I forgive it. Because of the CLOTHES!)
 All I care about is the CLOTHES!
In particular, Debra Messing's fantastic 1940s undies, complete with full girdle/garter belt are just gorgeous. Later in the film, the heroine's filmy silk nighties are divine. 
Makes me want to wander around vineyards in my underthings, flapping makeshift silk wings...


No comments: