Tuesday, May 12, 2009

YYZ: Chairman of the Bored


Today I knew I would be standing outside in the chilly morning air for 40 minutes, so the outfit I had planned would just not work: dress, bare arms, bare legs, bare feet in sandals. No go.

Thus, another boring look. 

Can anyone tell me how to dress with flair in the summer? I have just realized that, while I love summer, I hate summer clothes. I feel too exposed in them.  And I can't figure out how to add a bit of flair or to make them interesting.  I can't wear boho-chic due to aforementioned hobbit-like proportions and, let's face it, summer clothes are NOT designed for those of us with more to hide than to share.  Summer is a skinny, fit, young person's game. It's just plain depressing, frankly. Also, in the summer, I miss being able to wear silk and tights and boots and funky accessories.  It would be fine if I could just live in my (imaginary) 1930s cottage on Lake Erie all summer, wandering about barefoot & tanned and windswept in shorts or floaty skirts and tank tops, but getting dressed for WORK is just no fun at all in the summer.

Anywho, here I am in my dull outfit-- a phrase which could easily describe any of my spring outfits so far, with the possible exception of the smelly skirt.

Shoes: you can't see them, but they are the Olive Oyl ones from 9 West
Trousers: H&M
T-shirt: Smart Set
Cuff: gift from my mum
Necklace: I have no idea... Maybe Suzy Shier 
or somewhere similarly mall-y and cheap.

Here I am at work, as BMad (you can see him waving!) tries to sort out the camera's focus issues.
(I am not making a face. 
That IS my face. 
Apparently my mother was right: my face did freeze like that!)

3 comments:

lhr said...

OK Ms. YYZ I am getting sick of your comments about your body which as anyone of our many readers can see is super slim. In fact based on these pics i think you are at your thinnest ever. So-- enough!

i like your necklace in particular. I have one like it and wore it on Monday. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to concur with LHR Missy!! You are ridiculously slim, so I don't want to hear any more whining about your invisible tummy! :) You look fabulous!

YVR

YYZ said...

Yeah, the thing is, this whole photo-taking thing means cheating and picking only the slim shots, so back off, the pair of you! :)

Also, hello? Both of you KNOW that summer clothes and I just do not get along. At all. Unless I'm at the cottage. And what am I going to do once my cargoes finally DO disintegrate, once and for all??? Agh!