Friday, May 8, 2009

YYZ: Purple Haze


Hot out today.
Legs: not self-tanned enough, but there is no way I can get away with tights when the temperature is in the mid-20s.

Outfit: overly preppy and pretty dull.

Once again, trying to work with what I have to remain work-suitable and weather-friendly. Getting harder all the time.

Dinner tonight at our place with M's parents means I will not likely have time to post this until tomorrow. 
(I can tell all three readers are devastated by this news..... ahem.)

Shoes: Report
Skirt: Jacob
Belt: Gift from my mum; 
T-shirt: Smart Set
Earrings:  Gift from LHR
Mexican Silver Cuffs: 
Geometric pattern- gift from my MIL; 
Rope-trim pattern- gift from my mum

3 comments:

YYZ said...

Okay, that shirt is SO purple in person-- even when colour-corrected it does not come across accurately in photos.

Also, here you can see clearly why I am ambivalent about this skirt: the zipper makes a bizarre little sticky-outy tail-like thing on my butt. NOT good.

Finally, while I felt this was a cop-out, boring, preppy (kiss of death) outfit , it seems that not everyone shared my assessment. At the grocery store after work, a fellow customer at the deli told me I looked as good as the food (I remained positive, despite the fact that I had just decided nothing in the deli was terribly appetizing and that I could do better at home...)! Hello, cheesy line! But funny-- it made me laugh.

Later, I ran into him again in frozen foods.

Later still, I was waiting in line at the cash register when he suddenly materialized beside me, holding out his business card and saying, "I figure if we keep running into each other, it must mean something. Give me a call." !!! LOL! I, ever smooth, gawped silently at him, totally unable to even utter a syllable, so deep was my shock. There I was, a player in a cheesy grocery-store pick-up scenario! I kept looking over my shoulder to see if the ghost of Helen Gurley Brown was lurking among the produce...

He is, according to the card, a real estate agent named Luigi (!). He was sorta cute, in a middle-aged guy kinda way. How come stuff like that never happened when I was single and WANTED it to happen?

Hilarious, non? Apparently the preppy look appeals to middle aged real estate agents in Loblaws....

LHR said...

Wow, it does happen. I thought all those people who said pickups happen in grocery stores were lying. Crazy Maisy! ;)

you look really cute cute cute. I could never wear it. I want a skirt like that. it looks so versatile and of course lovin the shoes.

LHR

YYZ said...

Of course you could wear this-- why not? It would look better on you because of your legs!