Saturday, May 23, 2009

LHR: Girl With a Watering Can

Yesterday was a really crappy day. I don't think I've felt that badly in a long time. When I returned home, the realization that once again I had not captured what I wore added to the crapiness. J felt badly for me and shot my look while I was watering our plants. That's why I have chosen this title - more to do with the activity than the outfit.

The title is in fact the name of a song. I found it when I searched on Last.fm for songs with the word "watering". I have no idea what the song sounds like as I have yet to upgrade to subscriber status. I really should try to listen to it to see if it in any way matches my mood or the outfit.
Now to the actual outfit.

Yesterday's outfit is just a variation of what I've worn almost every day over the last two weeks (see you missed nothing dear YYZ). This is my formula. While YYZ generally wears beautiful, flirty dresses, belts, cuffs and corsages, I wear jeans, jeans and more jeans. Usually, I throw on a necklace or bracelet and matching heels. As you can see yesterday was no different.
I typically match my shoes with a top and in this case tank top. It is my usual trick to pull colours together. Perhaps it is a bit matchy but I feel better having the colour of my shoes also on my bod somewhere. My boss has commented on it a few times so it must be something I do fairly regularly.
My necklace is one of my old-time favourites. This choker is a textured silver rope wrapped around itself. I purchased it probably 6 years ago (maybe more) on a trip to Paris (when I was still at eBay). YYZ knows the chain as she has also bought from them. My memory fails me again (YYZ?).

My gray top is from a cute lingerie shop just off Regent's Park road called Miss Lala's Boudoir (sadly no direct website). J always accuses me of wearing a little girl's dress, but rest assured it is in fact for a full-grown girl like me. In fact, it is a bit roomy and I have been meaning to take it in since I've bought it but alas I have not (thus, this feeling of inadequacy strikes again).
This shot is not so flattering but you get a shot of the wedge heel. These shoes were bought at Beatrix Ong's shop which was then located on Regent's Park Road too. [update: turns out they are not Beatrix's shoes, but only purchased at her shop. They are Karoline] Hmm. There is definitely a Primrose connection in this post.

OK, I feel I have redeemed myself. Now I'm back to the shed to get out my spring clothes. Yippee!

3 comments:

YYZ said...

That is a great outfit! I know what you mean about having shoes link to another element in the get-up; I have that impulse, too.

I think your signature look is fantastic: you are funky and cool and I wish I could dress like that, too!

YYZ said...

BTW, the patio looks great! I wish I were there to drink some vino and groove to some of J's mixes with you...

YYZ said...

Oh! I almost forgot: the necklace is by a company called Metal Pointu (or is it, grammatically incorrectly enough, "Metals Pointus"-- that seems right, although the grammar is wrong...)