Friday, May 29, 2009

YYZ: Back in Black

TGI the last day of classes! 

Today's outfit was driven (as is often the case with me) by my desire to wear a pair of shoes I just love.  
Why do I love them so? 
Well, I think it is partly because they are very high, but not too uncomfortable. But the main reasons I love them are that 1) they were a total bargain! 2) they really are very accurate in their classic vintage espadrille details, from the rope soles and platform wedge heels, to the crocheted toe-covers. 
When I wear them, I feel like I should be riding an old-fashioned bicycle down a cobbled street in France or a winding laneway in Tuscany.  
Wait-- shouldn't I be doing those things, regardless of what I'm wearing???!

Since the dress with which I normally wear them is far too mutton-dressed-as-lamb, particularly with my new 'do, I had to find something else to wear with them.  
What else to choose on a Friday morning? 
Black. 
Of course.

I was thrilled to rediscover my silly white polka-dotted red hoop earrings and baubly red bracelet: they remind me of Carmen Miranda
So do these shoes, now that I think of it.

Shoes: Mossimo for Target (I told you they were a bargain!)
Dress: The Gap (same as this one)
Bracelet: H&M
Hoop Earrings: Ardene

1 comment:

GL said...

love the espadrilles.....have you got any more shots of them? im a designer from Lucca..tuscany....