Wednesday, May 27, 2009

YYZ: Green Day

Took photos in a rush this morning after too little sleep last night (Photography Assistant troubles...:( ), so I actually took a few shots forgetting to put on either lipstick or accessories! Whoops! 
Happily, there were a couple of "complete" shots, too.

And this one, in which I try to replicate LHR's patented "skinny pose" and just end up looking like I am taking a photo of my boobs.

Had to do photos in a.m. because
1. it is POURING today and my hair would be a frizz ball by the end of the day,
2. skirt is linen = looks like I slept in it five minutes after I put it on.
3. skirt is one of those mysterious Filth Magnet items: it does not matter when or where or how I wear it, I get something on it. 
Something conspicuous, like salad dressing all down the front (true story). 
Sure enough, today I spilled WATER on it and it left a mark. WATER!!!! 
Sheesh.

Skirt: Zara
Belt: still can't remember
T-shirt & Cuff: H&M
Earrings: Ardene

Question
When do you know that what you wear is a "signature" and when do you acknowledge that maybe you are just boring? 
(I am thinking here of my accessories.) 
I think, sadly for me, it has to do with quality.
 As in, if your "signature" is some fabulous vintage brooch, you're safe, 
but if (as in my case) you wear the same cheap, 
crappy, 
mass-produced,
 plastic
 mall junk 
all the time, 
you are in trouble...

4 comments:

lhr said...

You don't look like junk. You look fab and put together. You accessorize and ensure everything fits just so. I must admit it is something I still don't manage very well. I always buy things thinking i might alter it, but never do.

I think I admire (not only your fabulous style) but the way you are anal retentive about fit and that means you look so well put together even in a tee and jeans.

Liking the shoes in particular

YYZ said...

Thanks, babe. And here I always thought YOU were the Queen of Accessories. I must say, today's outfit is particularly inspired with the subtle link between your necklace and the detail on the shoes, plus the unexpected pairing of brown tank and black skirt. I think it is my favourite outfit of yours yet!

LHR said...

You know what I didn't mention is the big decision to wear a brown tank vs. black. In fact that decision was made for me as I couldn't find the black (identical) tank.

Also, glad you saw the small nod to the gold detail on my shoes from my necklace. I originally had on a necklace that was like the bobbles but changed as it was "too" much.

I also find it interesting you liked this one the most (thanks so much). Maybe it's because it is closer to your own chic style - vs my more rough and tumble style

YYZ said...

Nah, I think I like it best because it is very European and I aspire to that sort of look (but never pull it off...).

How did you wear that skirt all day and look SO unwrinkled at the end of it all? Mine looked like I had dragged it behind a bus for about 200 miles.