Tuesday, May 5, 2009

YYZ: M-I-C-K-E-Y.....


Right, so was feeling pretty good about this one today.  
I've been dying to wear this $20 vintage find!
It's fun, it makes me feel glam, I like these shoes and have not yet been able to wear the belt, so  I am excited to finally wear it.
I leave the house and the day begins with me feeling like I look okay.

I arrive at work. I get plenty of compliments.

Then, I am getting myself some of our (foul) coffee and one of the admin assistants says to me, "You look like Minnie Mouse today!"  
Um, is that a compliment? 
Or what?

Right, one final thing: 
this skirt 
STINKS. 
I have aired it out for days, I have put it in the dryer with bounce sheets for what seems like hours, I have sealed it in a bag with an open can of ground coffee, I have had it dry-cleaned, I have sprayed it with various forms of  (alleged) odour-destroyers.
 Nothing worked. 
I thought it was better after having hung outside in the breeze and the sunshine for hours on the weekend, but now that I am wearing it, I see (SMELL, really) that I was mistaken.
Badly mistaken.

And so, all day, the smell has worsened and I am mortified.

Shoes: (yawn!) 9 West
T-shirt, corsage and cuff: H&M 
Vintage 50s quilted circle skirt: Rozaneh 
(a.k.a. a store masquerading as an ashtray! Yuck.)

Post script:
Know what?
I wore the skirt all day-- pong and all.
It seems that I really do value form over all else, even my own olfactory health and that of my colleagues....

THAT is a love of fashion, kids.

2 comments:

LHR said...

You do look fun and flirty (for $20!!!). It's really amazing. I need to go to 9 West with you as you seem to get some amazing pairs from there. In fact almost every pair of shoes that you've posted is 9 west. Do you get a loyalty scheme?

Also, YYZ, if you can live with the smell then go for it because i KNOW that you have super sonic smelling powers and you will be the only person who smelled anything.

As always I love the big flowers and corsages you put on your outfits. I guess that is why I like the purple one you got me :)

YYZ said...

Yeah, I did notice that my shoes are largely 9 West-- it's because they are wide and have room for my poor, mangled feet. :)

I should totally ask them for a freebie, what with all the free publicity I am giving them! Heehee!