Saturday, May 23, 2009

LHR: It's Not Easy Being Green

A few weeks back my friend Boris from Prague was visiting us in London. He is a sucker for a well designed shop and unique finds. So, we felt it was a necessity to show him Liberty's one of the essential landmarks of London. Every nook and cranny of Liberty's is lovingly curated. I want to hug it I love it so much.
photo by: lbphotos
Photo: lludovic


In fact, every time I step in to the wooden door's of this department store my heart starts to race sort of like seeing an old boyfriend looking particularly hot (like I ever see any of my old boyfriends -- but you get my the idea). In the case of shopping, my heart only reacts this way when I see the red letters S-A-L-E. But this beauty doesn't have to do anything special, it just needs to be. Ahhh. Liberty's (here it is in its Christmas glory). OK enough about Liberty's - I'll save that for another post. What I want to share is the rather spontaneous purchase I made on the recent excursion to the Mecca of style.

Here goes...

I stumbled (literally I missed the step down) in to the sale section of the shoe section. I expected that even on sale all the shoes featured in Liberty's would be priced for the Upper Crusties and Well-Heeled (not this girl living in Dalston). Well, as it turned out there were a few within my reach. Most I attempted to try on were no longer available in my size (the curse of the girl who wears the average size). I started to get desperate. Would I leave Liberty's AND a S-A-L-E with nothing. Don't say it!

Finally, i found a pair that fit and that fit my pocketbook. Whoohoo! My first clothing purchase from Liberty's (all I've bought before was Christmas decorations)

Here they are in their GREEN GLAMOUR.
Now my dilema, what the hell do I wear with green? So, here is your challenge YYZ an YVR and whoever else is lurking. Please either post a post (not a comment) featuring green shoes OR provide links to some shots of good get ups wearing something similar.

Today is the first real day of Spring and these little guys want to be worn. As you'll see from the shot below they are basically Kelly Green (strange choice but remember the circumstances). So, I am looking for inspiration.
It's not easy being green.

(by the way, the shoes are KG by Kurt Geiger)

3 comments:

YYZ said...

Oooh! I LUUUUURRRRRVE them! They are the same colour as my green shoes, so I am here to say that the blue undertone in Kelly Green works in our favour:

-great with jeans
-great with black
-they would look soooo hot in the fall (or summer-- you do live in Blighty, after all!) with contrasting opaque tights (fuschia or royal blue or plum)
-awesome with orange
-really great with royal blue-- in fact, I am on the hunt for a belt in just this colour to add to my summer wardrobe!

Crap! I was supposed to post and not comment. Sorry!

YYZ said...

The more I look at these delicious little numbers, the more I think that Anthropologie carries them, so definitely do check out their site for ideas.

Unknown said...

You did just fine finding a great outfit to wear! Those shoes are so great and will even make a plain neutral outfit pop!

Great meeting you!