Saturday, May 23, 2009

YYZ: But it IS easy being Green!

Right, LHR, you industrious triple-poster! Here are some ideas further to the ones I left in the comment box with respect to the drool-worthy Kelly Green Kurt Geigers. (KG squared!)

Under the heading "So crazy it just might work!":
Think of green as a neutral. 
This sounds odd, I know, but it does work; you'll be surprised.  
Also, it is a sneaky trick for making people think your whole outfit is fantastic: in my experience, the most boring outfit gets the most rhapsodizing compliments when paired with my green shoes... 
(Dang! My secret is out!)

Check out homerun ballerina-- she is MUCH younger than we are, so some of her outfits are just not age-appropriate for the likes of us, but she is the Queen of coloured shoes and her outfits can serve as inspiration: a few age-appropriate tweaks here and there is all it would take!  Also, surf on over to Anthropologie (there is one here now, but I will wait until you come so we can visit together!) and snoop around in their catalogue and look books-- their looks really suit your style and you will find some awesome inspiration.

When I was having a near-meltdown of desire in, of all places, Club Monaco (!) in March, I fell HARD for Kelly Green mixed with pale grey, royal blue, black and white. I am desperate for a belt in the green, as I feel it will be a great pop of colour added into my summer (and winter!) wardrobe.  Sadly, one of my pairs of Kelly Green shoes (yes, I have two) is suede, so I cannot wear those ones in the summer-- what is great about your KG-squareds is that you can wear them all year long! Well shopped!

Finally, when all else fails, stick to neutrals and let your 
fabulous shoes 
do all the work!

(Hmm. The colour of the shoes in my photos is not really "true": they are greener in person....)

PS: Speaking of Liberty, The Workroom just got in a slew of Liberty fabrics and it is taking ALL my self-control not to race over and buy miles of it for use with my vintage patterns! 
On my year off, I am going to treat myself to this from Liberty (well, actually, the notebook, not the address book, but they don't have one on their website at the moment).

2 comments:

LHR said...

I like the idea of green with pale gray. I must look at that. I'm in NY next weekend so perhaps I can see what I can find.

YYZ said...

I am so sad that we are not in NYC at the same time! Bummer.