Wednesday, May 20, 2009

YYZ: Cheap Trick

Today's outfit, much like most of my outfits, is a tribute to bargain mall shopping. 
In fact, as both LHR and YVR know, I am pretty much addicted to this kind of cheap thrill shopping. It is completely age-inappropriate and, like many addicts, I repeatedly swear off it only to fall off the wagon the very next time I find myself inside the evil environment known as 
THE MALL. 
As an alcoholic must avoid going into bars, so must I avoid the temptations of malls.... 
Sad, but true.

It is supposed to go up to 28 C today and I have sewing club after school and a ton of errands to run, so I needed to wear something that would get me through all of that without looking too hot and bothered. 
(Always a challenge for me: I get rumpled and sweaty-looking at the drop of a hat.)

Here is what I decided would do the (cheap) trick:

(Sorry about the even-worse-than-usual photo quality: late arrival home = no time to take better photos. Above is one I took before leaving for work.)
Shoes: Report 
(They hurt-- I admit it. They are entirely man-made and so they are not getting "worked in" and rub my toe something fierce.)
Skirt: Zara
Belt: The same one I always wear and yet can't remember where I got it.
T-shirt & Black Peony Corsage: H&M
Earrings: Gift from LHR

G & I were wearing matching outfits today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would argue that you are one of the few people who should actually be allowed inside a mall since you can weed out the treasures from the trash. You also have a knack for mixing and matching your secret mall finds so that they don't really look mallish at all . . . unlike someone who might rush in and buy the same outfit that the Smart Set manequin is wearing. Bravo!!!
-yvr

YYZ said...

Thanks, dude. That certainly does cast the whole addiction scenario in a more flattering light. And that's good enough for THIS addict! :)