Tuesday, May 5, 2009

LHR: OH Canada!



I was stuck for a title and wanted to keep to the music theme. So, I added in this arty shot of me on a Pink Pantone chip on our wall to work in the theme. My outfit (other than my handbag was not actually pink).

As you can see I've changed the title of the post to Oh! Canada. Thanks to YYZ for pointing out the glaringly obvious:
  1. I'm wearing white and red - duh! Canadian colours
  2. Everything I'm wearing is Canadian save the necklace and bag which are French (one of the founding countries of Canada)
  3. So... Oh Canada! is a much better title for this post

Today, was the first day I got to wear my new jacket I had purchased at a UK Designer Sale back in late March. It was a transitional outfit as you'll see. I paired it with jeans, a tank and some sandals.
The jacket by DSQUARED is white, 3-quartered sleeves embellished with Native American inspired embroidery.

What I like the most about this jacket is the structure in the collar and around the sleeves and the unfinished seams. If you look at a few past posts, you'll see I love structure (not in my life but in my clothing). See I liked it here in a collar and here in a skirt. This shot shows a bit more detail ...


I paired the jacket with a red tank from Forever 21 ($2.50 - what a deal!), a multi-coloured beaded necklace I picked up in Paris with Aline, jeans and some vintage red sandals.

One more time with feeling:
Jacket: DSQUARED
Jeans: Dish
Sandals: from my Mom's closet - The Right House
Necklace: Paris ?
Handbag: Anna Kaszer from Paris

4 comments:

YYZ said...

OMG! The Wright House! Hilarious blast from the past!
And great shoes. And great outfit!

Did you know that DSquared are a Canadian team? They are twins-- it's a bit weird, actually. They are grown men and live together. They are completely identical and finish each other's sentences. They do some good work, though!

YYZ said...

Hey, the above comment makes me think of how Canadian your outfit is: shoes, jeans, jacket! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Well then, I must be Canadian 'cuz I love it!! The jacket is fabulous and those are some rockin' jeans!!

YVR

YYZ said...

LOL! I can't believe you changed the title!