Thursday, May 7, 2009

YYZ: It's a thin line...


...between love and hate.

Today I am wearing my blue wide-leg trousers in the usual combination, one which makes me think I love the trousers, unlike last time, when I hated them by the end of the day... 
This outfit is one I wear quite a lot when the weather is warmish.  

I like the trousers better when my tummy is covered-- girls with guts 
(okay, you two Readers, I know neither of you can relate to this problem, 
so consider this an education) 
end up with EXTRA fabric below said guts when wearing trousers 
= NOT attractive. 
This long top covers a multitude of sins and, even though it accentuates my football player-esque shoulders, I think it makes my bustline look quite good. 
Strangely, given the long cowl and all that volume on the top layer, up close it miraculously makes my waist look small. 

Shoes: Antonio Melani; gift from my mother
Trousers: Holt Renfrew Private Label
(I caught my heel in the cuff of one leg when I got home tonight = need to do some repair work. Grr.)
Top: I have NO idea-- some cheap, crappy mall store, no doubt
Earrings: As above, though maybe the bargain rack at Le Chateau
Cuff: H&M

2 comments:

LHR said...

Believe it or not I love the cowl neck. It is so becoming with the trousers. I love this one.

Also, I need new shoes AND to get out my summer wardrobe. Next weekend. I think :)

PS i had an outfit that wasn't spectacular but was at least not jeans and a tee on thursday but because boris and then tania were over for dinner... didn't have time

YYZ said...

Am trying to avoid getting out my entire (scanty!) summer wardrobe yet-- I have peeked inside the cedar chest and it ain't good. Have done some dye-ing this weekend in attempt at cheap fix of a) dress on which I spilled bleach last year, b) fave old Caban skirt that has faded to a sorry shade of pale grey-green from black. Can't afford new clothes and have NO shoes suitable for Paris. Le sigh.